Toronto RSL Sub Branch has Pension Officers and an Advocate to assist members and serving and past members of the ADF.
If you need assistance, please ring to make an appointment on 49593699
As part of the Returned & Services League of Australia, our Sub-Branch is dedicated to the care & well-being of returned and ex-members of the Defence Forces.
Ex-service personnel may be entitled to a variety of assistance and welfare services through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, and the RSL also provides a variety of welfare services.
Having someone who can make sense of it all and advise you of your best options is where our dedicated welfare and pensions officers comes in.
Our welfare and pension officers are there to assist our members and their families, especially in time of need.
If you are a Veteran or current/former ADF member, and have an injury or illness causally related to your ADF service, or you were discharged on medical grounds, you may be entitled to benefits you didn’t even know about.
There are five Acts that provide compensation coverage for current and former members of the ADF. They are:
• Defence Act 1903 (DA)
• Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986 (VEA)
• Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act (Defence Related Claims) 1988 (DRCA)
• Military Compensation Act 1994 (MCA)
• Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 (MRCA)
- Assistance in preparing claims
- Advice & referral to appropriate DVA services, such as DVA Homecare, DVA Homefront program, Rehabilitation Appliance Program, respite etc.
- Advice regarding DVA health entitlements, transport, concessions.
- Hospital Visitations
- Promotion of & referrals to community care services
- Liaison with local service providers on veterans’ behalf
- Bereavement support & advice
- Represent Sub-Branch at members’ funeral services
NB: This list is by no means comprehensive, so please feel free to contact us with any issues or concerns.
. Rodger Priest
. Phil Robinson
Visitation Officer Russel Gilbert