217 Army Cadet Unit (ACU)
217 Army Cadet Unit (ACU) ~ Officer Commanding (OC)
Mobile: 0409 310 713
- A warm hello for a chilly Winter everyone!
- I hope you all have been keeping safe and well during our national crises.
- For some good news first. One of the staff members at 217 ACU, Mr Phillip Arthur has completed the Youth Development and Activity Learning Grade 1 Course which has allowed him to be promoted to Lieutenant (AAC) and is now able to run a parade night and several basic activities.
- Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 restrictions, all Australian Army Cadet activities were suspended as of 24th March 2020 and we still have no return date in sight. 217ACU was not deterred from the task of engaging our Cadets during this time and we conducted online training with catch up Zoom sessions were everyone had a chance to see how they were coping while stuck at home. While schools and restrictions are now less restricted than they were, the ADF who is responsible for the safety of all Tri-Service Cadets and their Staff in Australia, are still working out policy and procedure to ensure this safety at Cadet Units and their respective activities.
- For ANZAC Day this year, many from 217 ACU conducted driveway vigils in respect to all of our servicemen and women of the past and present. I have attached a photo below for you to see.
- Although, we may not have a return date as of yet, we are still planning and preparing for a return in Term 3. As such our planned upcoming activities will hopefully include a recruit assessment day (to cover the theory taught over the suspension period), Term 3 camp in early September and planning for Annual Field Exercise during the Spring holidays is underway.
Thank you for your continued support and patience and stay safe.
Yvonne Fuller CAPT (AAC)
217ACU parades every Monday evening during the school term:
- at Charlton Christian College, Fassifern
- 1800 – 2100 (6 pm – 9 pm)
– so just come along and learn experiences for the future.
Ages from 12½ to 18
For more information:
Visit the Army Cadets website: www.armycadets.gov.au
or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hqaustarmycadets/
Captain (AAC) Yvonne Fuller (Officer Commanding 217ACU)